The Manavgat Waterfall is one of the most popular waterfalls in Turkey. Nestled in the heart of Antalya’s lush green countryside, the Manavgat Waterfall is a breathtaking sight to behold. This natural wonder is the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and reconnect with nature.
Located in the pretty town of Manavgat in Antalya, here you can have a fantastic and fun day out with the spectacular views of waters cascading from a height of about 5 meters from the river bed. You’ll also find variety of authentic cafes, restaurants, picnic and camping areas to enjoy. The area is also a perfect day out option for the ones who are searching for doing something different during their lazy hotel days.
- The Manavgat Waterfall is located in the town of Manavgat, approximately 90 kilometers east of Antalya city.
- The waterfall is 3 meters high and 40 meters wide.
- The water comes from the Manavgat River, which flows from the Taurus Mountains and eventually empties into the Mediterranean Sea.
- The area around the waterfall is home to several species of birds and other wildlife.
What to Expect?
Here are the top things to do and see at Manavgat Waterfall:
- Admire the Waterfall: The main attraction of Manavgat Waterfall is, of course, the waterfall itself. Take a moment to stand in awe of the powerful rush of water cascading down the rocks.
- Explore the Surrounding Area: The lush greenery surrounding the waterfall is a great place to relax and explore. Take a walk on the hiking trails and admire the stunning views of the river and the Taurus Mountains.
- Visit the Tea Garden: After your walk, stop at the tea garden and enjoy a cup of Turkish tea while taking in the serene surroundings.
- Shop at the Local Market: If you’re visiting on a Monday or Thursday, be sure to check out the local market in Manavgat town. You can find everything from fresh produce to handmade crafts and souvenirs.
Manavgat Waterfall range is one of the most impressive waterfalls in Turkey. It boasts an amazing setting with scenic views in the natural park are with pine forests.
Manavgat Waterfall is not a big one as it cascades only from a few meters high. But the power and speed of the cool waters form spectacular views with noise. Watching the waters spanning is a great attraction.
No Regrets Booking Advice
The region is also very charming place that you can spend great day out here in the company of pine forests, natural pools.
Boat trip down the river
The region also offers fantastic boat trips made through down the Manavgat River.
You can also take your time and visit the Manavgat town itself. Here, you’ll explore and enjoy the local life, make shopping from the local markes abnd buy fresh food, spices and souvenirs.
You’ll find lots of picnic areas here along the Manavgat river bank. It will be better to bring some lunch along with you to enjoy the spectacular views.
You can also find several cafes and restaurants in the town or along the natural park.
The Manavgat Waterfall is located in the town of Manavgat, approximately 90 kilometers east of Antalya city. It’s easily accessible by car or public transportation.
The waterfall is open to visitors from 8 am to 7 pm daily.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes as the terrain can be slippery and uneven.
- Bring a camera to capture the stunning views of the waterfall and surrounding area.
- Don’t forget to bring sunscreen and a hat as the sun can be strong in the summer months.
- If you’re planning to visit the local market in Manavgat town, bring cash as many vendors may not accept credit cards.
Top-Rated Manavgat Waterfall Tours from Antalya
How to Get to Manavgat Waterfall?
Manavgat Waterfall is located in the Manavgat town of Antalya, about 2,5 km. from Manavgat, and 78 km. from Antalya city center. See location map
* Alternatively, you can take the public bus to Manavgat and than transfer to the Waterfall area via minibus.
* By Car: You can easily reach Manavgat Waterfall by car. From Antalya city, take the D400 highway east towards Alanya. Turn left at the sign for Manavgat and follow the signs to the waterfall.
* By Public Transportation: You can also take a dolmus (shared taxi) from Antalya city to Manavgat town. From there, take a local bus or taxi to the waterfall.